Real World Entrepreneur Training (RWET) IS NOT just another "how to start a business" course. It's a course so different than other courses you will be BLOWN AWAY BY WHAT YOU WILL LEARN. Not only what you will learn, BUT HOW YOU ARE GOING TO LEARN IT!
Startup Canada’s Mentor of the Year
How is RWET different than other courses on how to start a business?
- RWET covers the overlooked fundamentals needed to start a business
- Learn from others going through the steps of starting a business
- Interactive - Industry experts work with entrepreneurs on solutions to help with their business
- You won't feel alone anymore as you watch and learn from entrepreneurs facing the same challenges you are having
- Learn from 13 different experts who advise and mentor business owners just like you. It will feel like you have your own mentor.
- All video, no talking heads or slides
- Suitable for all ages of entrepreneurs
- Even if you are in business you will still learn more than you thought you knew
- 13 episodes and over 7 hours of content
- Downloadable summary sheets for each episode
RWET will help you with understanding:
- the importance of a business plan and what should be included
- the different types of business structures
- why a partnership agreement is important if you aren't the sole owner
- types of financing available
- accounting practices
- being prepared for the launch of your business
- branding & visual identity
- social media
- driving traffic to your website
- pitching to a VC
- messaging and working with the media
Is this course suitable for all types of business?
It doesn't matter the type of business you are starting, whether it is a small business consulting firm or an innovative technology company, the information in the Real World Entrepreneur Training courses will be beneficial to your start-up.
How long is the course?
Real World Entrepreneur Training, All Episodes, has approximately 7.5 hours of content. This consists of 13 episodes. Each of the episodes is broken into segments. Some episodes are longer than others.
How long do I have to watch all the videos?
You have 365 days from the date of purchase to take the course.
Do I need to watch each of the episodes in order?
It isn't necessary but is recommended. Starting a business is a process and if you follow the order you will more than likely start your business faster and get to commercialization sooner than expected. You should watch The Dreaded Business Plan first and take the steps to start working on your business plan and then move to the next episode and do the same thing.
What if I have any questions?
You can contact the instructor, Wendy Mayhew, directly via email with any questions.
Wendy, Founder of Business Launch Solutions, is a businesswoman with a flair for helping first-time entrepreneurs establish successful businesses, a published author and advocate for seniors in business.
- A business owner for 35 years
- Canada's most influential advocate and catalyst for seniors as entrepreneurs, co-founders and employees
- Affiliated with organizations around the world in advancing awareness of seniors in business
- Advocate for the under served Small Business start-ups
- Adviser and contributor to Startup-Canada
- Sought after contributor and speaker at Colleges/Universities and organizations supporting both entrepreneurship and seniorpreneurship
- Real World Entrepreneur Training was the first digital product to be published by McGraw-Hill Ryerson as a credit course
- Best selling author of Building Your Dream, A Guide to Starting Your Business
- Senior Entrepreneur of the Year (Ontario)
- Finalist for Business Woman of the Year
- Finalist for Visa Small Business of the Year
- Finalist Bootstrap Awards
Speaking & Workshops
- Discovering Entrepreneurship
- Discovering Entrepreneurship as an Encore Career
- The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
- First Steps of Starting A Business Workshop
If you would like to book Wendy to speak at your next event or facilitate a workshop, please contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.